But, i also read many people's comments. [Can you link to comments? i'll have to work on that..] When someone said that time is the cause of change, many people made points like: if you just let time go by, would anything else change besides the age? [Becca]. Or Troy made an excellent point: "Take a diamond for example. Put it in a sector of space without radiation, light, solar wind, or anything. Also, where there's not gravity pulling it or heat pushing it. It would do nothing. It would not move, expand, contract, erode, reflect light, or anything. [ I tried to put a link, but its not working... These comments are on Chelsey's blog, which i linked earlier. They're the comments on her answer to what causes change.]
I think that while time does change things, that there are other forces at work. I think personal changes are triggered by a want. [Like you WANT to dye your hair.] I think wants are triggered by new ideas.[You saw the color on someone in a magazine.] New ideas are formed by gaining knowledge. [Who knew you could change your hair color?] etc. Each time i read someone's blog i read the comments. And in many comments people offered other ideas to the bloggers answer. My ideas would change each time i read something new. I think that you could take every reason something changes, every idea a person has, and find something bigger. Take time for example, because that seemed to be a popular answer. Time changes. You knew that by the time you were in kindergarten, probably before. But WHY does time change? I think that you can take an idea and keep asking the question why. My idea is that eventually you will get to a force that causes all things to change. I don't have the slightest idea what its even similar to, much less what it actually is, but i think that some force causes all change.
So, to answer Mr. Voight's question: I don't have a definate answer to your question. All i can say is that I think that there is a force out there, bigger than time, bigger than new ideas, or gaining knowledge, that causes all things to change.
There it is. My first science related blog post. As i was typing this new ideas kept popping into my head and i just went with them. In all honesty that probably wasn't the best way to go about typing a blog, but hopefully for the moment you'll forgive me. If you have no clue what i'm saying just ask and i'll do my best to explain it to you. Thanks.
3 comments:
Wow! A lot to digest in your first post. I think, in the end, you maybe have nailed it. In the end, some force causes change. Does it have to be the same force for all change or can we simply say a force causes change? Obviously, different forces will produce different changes but we may be able to say that all change occurs because of external/internal forces.
By the way, what is time? I know a lot of people have been saying that time causes change but what is time? Isn't time just our way of quantifying existence? Does time really cause change? Over time, people grow, but is it the time that cuases this or is it some force that you mentioned?
I really liked your idea how not one specific thing causes change, but some force. I also agree with Mr. Voight, does time really cause everything to change?
Yes, your post covered a lot, and it was good. And you bring up a good point that time always changes, but time doesn't necessarily cause change itself, it just allows change to happen.
Post a Comment