I'll use positive and negative charges as an example:
A negative charge and a positive charge would attract each other. [ + & - ]
A positive and a positive or a negative and a negative would repel each other. [ + & +] / [ - & - ]
Some real life examples are magnets of course. [big magnets, little magnets, in-between magnets, those amazing plastic refrigerator magnets that are in the shape of the letters in the alphabet, the cool magnets that come with your twin brothers "magnet lab" that he got for christmas a bajillion or ten years ago in kindergarten, etc.]
Of course everyone's heard of the phrase opposites attract when it pertains to relationships. The theory is that two people totally different in every way [you know, opposites...] would like be incredibly compatible and make a great couple. I believe that has some truth, and that it works with friendships too. I've had some friends that fit that example. There's a friend who's personality was the polar opposite of mine but we agree on everything, there's a friend who's personality is the same but our opinions are totally opposite, theres a friend that's just the opposite of me entirely. All of those friendships worked. I'm not so sure if the converse [similar things repel] is true with this example though, cause i've seen friends and couples [and i have friends] who are very much similar to each other and those relationships worked out too.
OK. I realize there are only 2 examples, and that their pretty weak, AND that basically everyone used them, but i'm in a pretty uncreative mood. Someone remind me and i'll add more when i think of them k?
I have some questions:
I looked up the definition of electromagnetic force and it said:
" The fundamental force associated with electric and magnetic fields. The electromagnetic force is carried by the photon and is responsible for atomic structure, chemical reactions, the attractive and repulsive forces associated with electrical charge and magnetism, and all other electromagnetic phenomena. Like gravity, the electromagnetic force has in infinite range and obeys the inverse-square law. The electromagnetic force is weaker than the strong nuclear force but stronger than the weak force and gravity. Some scientists believe that the electromagnetic force and the weak nuclear force are both aspects of a single force called the electroweak force."
First of all, in the middle of typing that my little brother began his mission from mom and was questioning me about what i wanted for dinner, so if it seems like i left something out, let me know. Cause i very well might have.
Second of all, i would like to respond to that definition with a big fat resounding What? I didn't quite understand that....
Dang it. I forgot my other two questions. If i remember them i'll post them again. [Definately not my best blog.]
Well, whaddaya know. That dinner i was being questioned about is ready, so i think i'll wrap this blog up!
No comments:
Post a Comment